The Food Truck Operator and Catering Manager primary role is to serve as an ambassador and marketer of the Jeremiah’s Brand through the communications and planning associated with services such as Catering, Fundraising, Donations, and Special Events (Promotional and/or Internal). They will often serve as a voice and/or face of Jeremiah’s through frequent communications with our customers, business network, and community partners. This position encompasses two roles, Food Truck Driver/Operator and a Sales and Catering Manager. This is a Jeremiah's store-on-the-go and gets you out of the four walls of a restaurant and into the community serving our tasty frozen treats!
- Maintain positive working relationships with all levels within the company.
- Monitor and respond to all of the daily Events and Catering communications associated with Jeremiah’s Italian Ice and JeremiahsIce.com in a prompt manner. This includes all service coordination, planning, and problem solving that may arise as a result of these contacts.
- Be available to communicate with our existing and potential customers via phone in a prompt manner to coordinate events, to coordinate charitable contributions, and to respond to requests, concerns, complaints, and suggestions.
- Strategize, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate Jeremiah’s Event Catering activities. These events may include, but are not limited to, community events, parades, fairs, art shows, school events/parties, athletic functions, business events/parties, networking events, weddings, birthday parties, bar and bat mitzvahs, conventions, and food truck pods.
- Follow up with all event coordinators to confirm their satisfaction, and discuss future catering opportunities.
- Follow up with all charitable contribution recipients to confirm their satisfaction.
- Identifying catering opportunities by promoting our services to the community and connecting with potential catering guests
- Increase general brand awareness through distribution of promotional items (i.e. snack packs, flyers, etc.).
- Organizing and executing all catering events
- Creating, leading, and implementing systems for a high performance Events, Food Truck and Catering Team
- Managing the database of Catering guests
- Coordinate as needed with the Manager of the Local Store Marketing Department to facilitate any community events/contributions that may require the Events/Catering Team or their resources
- Managing the operations and upkeep of the Jeremiah’s Italian Ice Food Truck
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of any charitable contributions requested by Jeremiah’s Italian Ice’s LSM Department and/or Management Team. Ensure all donated items (e.g. coupons, gift cards, party buckets, sample cups, etc.) are prepared and available for delivery or pick-up.
- Growing the Events and Catering Department by marketing and selling our services and securing agreements with catering guests/clients.
- Managing the Events and Catering budget and adhering to all financial guidelines.
- Maintain a detailed log of all charitable contributions, including recipient information, details of the contribution, and value of goods/services donated.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of management experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of sales & marketing experience.
- Minimum of 1 year in the retail and/or restaurant industry.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be self-starter and highly motivated.
- Must be creative and think outside the box.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must have a positive, friendly attitude.
- Must have some sales and negotiating skills.
- Must have promotional skills.
- Must have people skills and be well spoken.
- Must represent the brand well.
- Must love talking to strangers and making new friends.
- Ability to move throughout an office space and store (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via automobile for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Jeremiah's Frog Squad is always on the lookout for fun and upbeat individuals interested in joining our exciting team. Join Jeremiah’s Ice as we scoop up our tasty frozen treats with a smile. It’s truly a rewarding experience to brighten a customer’s day with one of our colorful, delicious treats! Apply today to Live Life to the Coolest with the Frog Squad!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)